So... my house was broken into last night.
Everyone's okay and nothing was stolen (that we know of, at least), but it's a scary feeling knowing that while you were sleeping, someone (or something, as the case may be) came into your house. Through the front door, I might add, which is really strange because before my mom goes to bed, she always locks the door. The police said there weren't any signs of forced entry (meaning no damage to the lock), so it can't have been picked. There's no other ways into my house aside from the windows and the back door, but we lock those at night, too. So... how did the intruder get in?
Another thing that is really creeping me out is that all of the cabinets/drawers in the house were opened. We should have heard something, though, because those drawers are loud when they're being pulled out. And I don't see the point in it - why did it open them in the first place? Was it looking for something?
The scariest thing, though, has to be... well, the vase I put the flowers in. It had been broken, rearranged into a wide "U", and bits and pieces of the flowers were scattered around. The petals were intact, though, and... they led from the dining room all the way to my bedroom door.
... Police are suspecting it's the killer. They're right, of course, but they think it's a normal person... And it's not even a person at all. From what I know now, it's... it's that thing, the "Smiling Man". And for whatever reason, it's coming after me.
---
I needed to do this after a little while, and now's as good a time as any. For those that don't know what these things are, well... they're monsters.
I know, that sounds horribly childish to say. That's what I thought at first, but from seeing these things with my own eyes and reading about the Fears, I can confirm that they're very real. I've encountered two so far, with one being a close encounter of sorts. The first is the Smiling Man, of course, and from what I can tell it's been active for at least a year (maybe less? I don't know). It's known for a grin "wider than it's face" and giving flowers to its victim as a sort of calling card. I don't know why it's after me, and I will probably never know why. :\
The second is this entity called the Archangel, and it's kind of like this... shapeshifter, except it can only change into someone that's died. It's typical appearance seems to be some sort of man in a gas mask and a black hoodie, but I've only ever witnessed it taking the shape of my grandfather. I don't know what it wants, either, but it seems to be more passive than the other one.
There's about twenty other "Fears" that all represent some sort of primal fear in humans, it seems. There may be more, too... I don't know. Um, if you want to learn more about them you could look at some of the links that my commenters gave me a few posts back. Proxiehunter's links helped me a lot, and if you believe you're being stalked by a Fear I suggest reading his "Runner Backpack". I haven't had to leave yet, but...
...
Anyway, praying that things will turn out for the best...
You can still pray despite near certain death looming over you?
ReplyDeletesanity would question such a thing were he awake.
~INSANITY
If anything, you'll want to watch the amount of praying you do, around the Archangel.
ReplyDeleteYou're seriously not safe there. You should be running, by now, believe me.
I haven't encountered the Smiling man, so I can't give you much advice. But unlike Vince, you're not in over your head. Escape while you still can.
ReplyDeleteIf worse comes to worst, join a Fear as one of their servants. They'll protect you from their brothers and sisters.
... That's not going to happen.
DeleteSpeaking from knowledge, you're better off dying from one other than The Archangel. Because in Death you serve.
Delete~INSANITY
That's if you believe that the Archangel is the afterlife... And I don't. That thing may look like my grandfather, but that's all - an illusion.
DeleteIf I'm wrong, well... That's that. But we can't know for sure, and I'd rather be optimistic about death than believing it uses my body after I'm gone.